- Zoom 101: Sign Up & Download
- Zoom 101 : In Meeting Controls (Basic)
- Comprehensive Guide to Educating Through Zoom
- Tips and Tricks for Teachers Educating on Zoom
Comcast is creating options for more wireless and data access for subscribers and non-subscribers, including free wifi hotspots nationwide for all and unlimited data for their subscribers.
Spectrum is offering Free Spectrum broadband and WiFi access for 60 days in homes with K-12 and/or college students that don’t have an existing Spectrum service level up to 100 Mbps.
Charter is doing the same:
Free Library Databases
Tips for Online Exams
- Quality Matters: The Quality Matters Emergency Remote Instruction (ERI) Checklist (video overview) is a tiered list of considerations, tips, and actionable strategies to enact during an institutional move to temporary remote instruction of classroom-based courses. It is presented in three phases, according to prioritized needs:
- Start Here: Preparing for Success
- Next Steps: Guiding Students and Their Learning
- Longer Term Considerations: Teaching Effectively in a New Environment
Access Microsoft services: Login to Office 365 Outlook
- Pulse App in Google Play or Itunes
- Tutorials on D2L Brightspace for instructors and learners
- Access D2L Brightspace services: Login to D2L Brightspace
- Provide written communication to students: Compose an Email or Post an Announcement in D2L Brightspace
- Conduct a classroom discussion: Zoom or Create a Discussion Forum in D2L Brightspace
- Disseminate course materials: Compose an Email or Create Content Items in D2L Brightspace
- Assign and collect student assignment online: Create an Assignment in D2L Brightspace
- Hold a quiz online: Create a quiz in D2L Brightspace
- Tutor.com meeting spaces (linked in D2L)
Textbook Publisher Information
McGraw Hill Animations
Resources for Moving Online
Access to LinkedIn Learning is free.
Students, faculty or staff can create their own LinkedIn Learning account from any computer by using https://www.linkedin.com/learning/activate
When creating your new LinkedIn Learning account, you must use your HCC email address.
To login to LinkedIn Learning, use this link: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/
The LinkedIn Learning login link and account creation link are available on the front page when you login to D2L Brightspace.
Teaching with Technology
Employee access: https://minnstate.zoom.us/
Kaltura Mediaspace Capture
Employee access: https://mediaspace.minnstate.edu/
Technology Accessibility & Privacy Statements
Accessibility of course technologies and privacy of your personal information and data is important to us. All of the technologies that require you to sign in with your StarID have been vetted by the Minnesota State System Office for security and 508 compliance.
Links to the privacy policies and accessibility statements for the course software are provided for each platform:
D2L Brightspace Accessibility: brightspace.com/about/accessibility/
D2L Brightspace Privacy: d2l.com/legal/privacy/
Adobe Reader Accessibility: adobe.com/accessibility/products/reader.html
YouTube Accessibility: support.google.com/youtube/answer/189278?hl=en
MS Office 365 Accessibility : https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/
Office 365 Privacy: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/trust-center/privacy
Kaltura MediaSpace Accessibility: https://corp.kaltura.com/products/video-accessibility/
Kaltura MediaSpace Privacy: https://corp.kaltura.com/privacy-policy/
Zoom Accessibility: https://zoom.us/accessibility