Please join us for our First Friday Free Foreign Film
- If you have DIRECT DEPOSIT, funds should be in your bank account beginning WEDNESDAY, JUNE 19TH.
- Please sign up for direct deposit if you haven’t done so already. Log into your e-services account under Quick Links. On the left hand side click on “Financial Aid” and “Direct Deposit Setup.”
- PAPER CHECKS can be picked up in the BOOKSTORE beginning WEDNESDAY, JUNE 19TH. If you would like your check mailed to you, please call Angela at 218-262-6706 and leave a message with your name, address you want the check mailed to, and your student I.D. #. Please update your address to avoid delays in receiving your check.
- If you are a first time student receiving a loan, those loans will be deposited into your bank account after you have attended 30 days—no later than Tuesday, July 9th.
- Bookstore hours are from 9:00 am – 2:00 pm, Monday – Thursday. Thank you.
Summer Camp for Boys and Girls to build, test, and drive a Nitro 4x4 RC Car!
July 22 - 26, 2019
Visit HCC during Minnesota State Week.
MONDAY, JUNE 24 – FRIDAY, JUNE 28, 2019
Anytime between 9am - 3pm
Take the first step in reaching your education and career goals by visiting us during Minnesota State Week, June 24-28. Special information sessions will be held throughout the week on campus, as well as online.
EZ Enrollment Day - Wednesday June 26, 2019: Get help with your application, registration, financial aid, and a tour of campus!!
Visit during Minnesota State week and be entered into a prize drawing at the end of the week!
And if you visit Hibbing Community College during Minnesota State Week, you can apply for FREE during your visit.
The First Friday Foreign Film series will run from December through May. The first Friday of each month, the Hibbing Community College Planetarium will show an independent foreign film. Admission will always be free. Showtime is 7pm. The film line up includes independent films from across the world:
- The Apprentice, October 5, 2018
- The Ardennes, November 2, 2018
- My King, December 7, 2018
- LaFamilia, February 1, 2019
- Over the Limit, March 1, 2019
- I am not a Witch, April 5, 2019
- The Charmer, May 3, 2019
The First Friday Foreign Films program is funded by the HCC Multicultural Club and HCC Arts Guild thanks to support by HCC Activities. Questions can be directed to Miriam Kero, Diversity Officer, at 218-263-2969.
Hibbing Community College is seeking input from community members, students, and alumni as it plans to name several of its buildings and common spaces.
Buildings are currently labeled by letter. As the campus nears the completion of a major new construction project (concluding in spring 2019), Hibbing Community College has recognized an opportunity to rename its buildings and common spaces. New, memorable names will offer clarity for students and visitors while also honoring HCC’s century-long history of providing affordable higher education for the Iron Range.
Beyond the Classroom (BtC) is a zero-credit, no cost learning experience that takes place outside the traditional classroom. It is driven by a student's interests and is flexible in time and place. Participate in a BtC learning experience Spring Semester 2019. BtC is open to all students.
Exploring Business Careers
Led by Wayne Kangas
Are you interested in a career in business? Have you thought about choosing business as a major? There are many areas of business that a person can work in. Sometimes the best path to a career is not the obvious one or it is not what you are expecting. Come define your path. Explore a variety of careers within the business field.
Wayne Kangas is a business consultant with the University of Minnesota Duluth Center for Economic Development. Prior to that he spent eight years in financial planning and worked as a registered stockbroker. He began his education at HCC where he obtained his Associate in Science degree in Business Administration before transferring to the University of Wisconsin Superior to earn a Bachelors in Business Administration degree with a concentration in marketing.
First meeting: Monday, February 11, 2019 at 11:00 a.m. in the Commons. If you are unable to attend this meeting, please contact Wayne:
Wayne S. Kangas, Business Consultant
Phone: (218) 290-7273 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional meetings will be scheduled upon meeting with the group.