At the Hibbing College Foundation, we make opportunity happen. There are many options for giving.
For decades, Hibbing Community College has offered students an opportunity for personal enrichment and professional satisfaction.
HCC offers academic programs that will transfer to a four-year college or university; technical programs that provide skills to start a career; and resources for specialty training and for individuals seeking to broaden their education.
Scholarship support from the Hibbing College Foundation makes higher education and training more accessible to students. Financial support can be a key component in students achieving academic success.
- Give a Scholarship - It’s easier than you think to establish a scholarship! By establishing or contributing to a scholarship, you impact HCC students directly and immediately.
The Hibbing College Foundation has established the following policy regarding scholarship establishment and contributions.
- General Fund Contributions – Amounts up to $500 donated to the Hibbing College Foundation will be credited to the Foundation’s general fund unless such donations are designated otherwise. The Hibbing College Foundation currently awards scholarships with these designations:
- Hibbing College Foundation General Award – open to all majors
- Archie Hill Scholarship – open to all majors
- Culinary Arts Scholarship
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Math – open to students in these areas
- Restricted Fund Contributions – Amounts donated in excess of $500 may be established as a restricted scholarship fund. Restricted scholarships require specific written guidelines and award criteria. Monies awarded based on such restrictions will be awarded until the donation is exhausted.
- Permanent Endowed Funds – Amounts donated in excess of $25,000 can be established as either a permanent endowment or as a managed restricted fund, depending upon the wishes of the donor. Permanent endowments must have written guidelines and must be reviewed by the Hibbing College Foundation Board of Directors or the Hibbing College Foundation Finance Committee for final approval before any endowment is initiated. It is the practice of the Hibbing College Foundation to only spend the interest earned on any permanent endowment; the principal will be left untouched and not utilized for scholarship awards.
- Annual Scholarships - These continuing scholarships are supported with funds provided annually from donors who can specify the scholarship amount, number of scholarships awarded, qualification criteria, and scholarship name. Contact Hibbing College Foundation Treasurer Peter Clevenstine at 218-231-8443 to discuss opportunities for establishing a scholarship.
- Apply for a Hibbing College Foundation Scholarship - Scholarships are gift awards generally based on scholastic ability, community or school involvement, ethnic background or other related factors. Most scholarships have application deadlines between November and March for the coming school year. The Hibbing Community College Financial Aid Office receives and processes all Hibbing College Foundation scholarship applications. Visit the HCC website at www.hibbing.edu for more information or contact Steph Skraba, Director of Financial Aid and Enrollment Management at 218-262-6733 or email@example.com.
In addition to scholarship funds, the Hibbing College Foundation supports program needs through faculty grants and a variety of educational opportunities, such as HCC’s annual College for Kids summer program for students ages 7 to 12.
Payroll deduction is a great way for Hibbing Community College employees to give. HCC employees may contact the Human Resources Office for more information.
The Hibbing College Foundation would love to hear from you. Please contact Jessica Matvey at 218-262-7384 or firstname.lastname@example.org.