Requesting Material Through the Catalog
- Using the HCC library catalog, select “All MnPALS Libraries” in the “Select a Location” box. Locate the item you would like to request.
- Click on the “Request Item” link.
- Log in using your 14 digit barcode number from the back of your HCC Student ID as your username and your last name as your password.
- Click on “Place an ILL Request” link
- Click “Submit Request” button
Items requested through the catalog usually arrive within a week.
When a book arrives, you will be notified by email. Items are kept at the Circulation Desk in the Library.
Using the Blank Request Form
- Click here to request physical items via a blank request form.
To complete the form:
- Type User ID/Barcode; your 14 digit library barcode.
- Type Password; up to 8 letters of your last name.
- Type all available information about your requested item.
- Near the end of the form, at:
- Pickup/Delivery Location, select HCC Library
- Not Needed After, click the small calendar and select a date
- If requesting a Book, select Printed (loan). Click Go. Your ILL is submitted. You will receive a HCC email when your item arrives at the HCC Library. Books take 7 or more days to arrive.
The Library is located upstairs of Building G
Monday: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Tuesday: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Wednesday: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Thursday: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Friday: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Closed Saturday & Sunday
*Subject to change if necessary.
*Any changes to the library's schedule will be posted at the library doors.
Book requests and research assistance required outside the library's open hours can be placed by phone or email: (218) 262-7258 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Building G (upstairs)
Hibbing Community College
1515 E. 25th Street
Hibbing, MN 55746