The IBEW / NECA Twin Ports Electrical Apprenticeship & Training Committee
- Open Until
- Employment Type
- - / Hour
The IBEW / NECA Twin Ports Electrical Apprenticeship & Training Committee is notifying all interested individuals that the JATC will make applications available at the JATC office at 2230 London Road, Suite 200, Duluth, MN (218-722-8115) and at Holden Electric - 7669 College Road - Baxter, MN (218-829-4759), from 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. on Monday through Friday (excluding weekends and holidays) – Every week of each month through Friday, June 21, 2019.Applications are also available online at www.ibew242-neca.org/start-your-career/.
Requirements & Qualifications
APPLICANTS MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS
- Submit a $25.00 ($26.50 online) Application Processing Fee at Time of Application (Cash or Check)
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Copy of valid Driver’s License at Time of Application
- Complete High School Transcript or GED with scores.
- Provide Verification ofone full year of High School Algebra, Tech Math or post High School equivalent on transcript with a passing grade.(Tech Math must show course description)
- Trade School Transcripts (where applicable) *** with attendance records***.
- Military Records (if applicable) – Provide DD214 Form.
- Color Blindness Test (can be taken at any vision center).
- Submit a copy of your Birth Certificate.
- Must have a qualifying score on the NJATC Aptitude Test.This test is set up through the Apprenitceship Office.***Note: must score a 4 or higher to qualify***Test date Monday, July 8, 2019
- Must present or sign a statement that he/she is physically able to perform electrical construction work.Applicants selected from the pool may be required to provide results of physical examination if the committee elects.
Applicants applying for apprenticeship must supply the JATC office with all the necessary required documents within 30 days from the date of filling out their apprentice application form to be considered for an interview.Applicants meeting the above requirements will be interviewed and rated by the Joint Apprenticeship Committee.Applicants will be notified when and where they are to report for their interview.
IBEW/NECA Twin Ports Arrowhead Electrical JATC will not discriminate against apprenticeship applicants or apprentices based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, or because they are an individual with a disability or a person 40 years old or older. IBEW/NECA Twin Ports Arrowhead Electrical JATC will take affirmative action to provide equal opportunity in apprenticeship and will operate the apprenticeship program as required under Title 29 of the Code of Federal Regulations, part 30.
If you are not selected for the Apprenticeship Program after your interview and desire to be interviewed again, you must supply the Apprenticeship Office with information verifying that you have done something to better yourself within the last twelve months, thus qualifying you for another interview (i.e. continuation of trade school, employment with an electrical contractor, etc.) Please be advised, your name will remain on an active list for possible selection into apprenticeship for a period of two (2) full calendar years from the date of your first oral interview.Apprentices selected for apprenticeship will have to supply themselves with a laptop computer and internet access.
Prior to being put to work, each selected candidate will sign all documents including the Policy Statement, Indenture Papers, Authorization for Release of Records and the Scholarship Loan Agreement, among others.
Applicants selected for job placement must be able to furnish their own transportation and be agreeable to a certain amount of travel, and be aware that there can be periods of unemployment.For more information on electrical apprenticeships you can go to http://electricaltrainingalliance.org/SamplePage.
Hibbing Community College reserves the right to edit and/or refuse employment listings for posting on this Website.
It is the policy of Hibbing Community College to comply with federal and state law prohibiting discrimination in student admissions or treatment of students or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, age, national origin, marital status, sexual preference, handicap, disability, status with regard to public assistance, or other protected groups. Upon request, this information will be made available in an alternative form.