The Disability Services Office supports students with documented disabilities by insuring that they:
- Have equal access to educational programs and college courses
- Can obtain materials and publications in alternate formats
- Can utilize academic support and other services
- Can fully participate in college sponsored events and activities
Applying for Accommodations
Below are steps students must follow to apply for services:
- Fill out Disability Services application. Applications may be obtained outside the Disability Services office – M-121 or by contacting Mary Iozzo, Disability Services Coordinator.
- Provide updated documentation of disability that has been completed by a medical professional (EX: medical doctor, licensed mental health counselor or licensed physiologist) within the last 3 years
- Schedule an appointment with Jennifer Boben, Disability Services Coordinator to discuss needs and develop a reasonable accommodation plan.
Since every student’s situation is unique, specific accommodations for their disability is discussed during a confidential intake meeting with the Disability Services Coordinator. We will obtain the student’s permission before entering into discussions with parents, advocates, transition coordinators, rehabilitation services counselors, or other professionals.
Students often request these services:
- Testing accommodations
- Note-taking services
- Materials in alternative formats
- Assistive technology
- Specific seating
Continuing to Receive Accommodations
Students who are already registered with the Disability Services Office must follow the following steps in order to continue to receive accommodations:
- Check in with the Disability Services Office at the beginning of each semester to update their letter of accommodation.
Disability Services Coordinator