The counselors at Hibbing Community College are dedicated to seeing you succeed in all aspects of your life. We know you lead busy, often stressful lives, and we are here to help! Our counselors offer a confidential, yet welcoming, environment for all students to discuss both academic and personal concerns. The only exception to our confidentiality policy is situations involving danger or serious harm to you or others. We also offer the following services to our students:
- Academic Planning: Assistance with adds, drops, withdrawals, registration, schedule changes, and transcripts.
- Career Planning: Career assessments (such as the Campbell Interest and Skill Survey), career tools (such as Career One Stop and GPS LifePlan), and help with prospective college research.
- Conflict Resolution and Mediation: Conducted with classmates, instructors, roommates, and/or teammates.
- Counseling Resources: A wide array of diagrams, handouts, pamphlets, and up-to-date information on a variety of topics.
- Crisis Assistance: Basic needs assistance (such as clothing, food, housing, and medical) and the option to complete a crisis fund application.
- Food Closet: Available to all students when necessary!
- Personal Counseling: Brief, crisis counseling and support often followed by a therapy referral in the community.
- Referrals: Addiction, clothing, food, housing, medical, therapy, etc. to agencies within our community and beyond.
Please call or email us at any point in time. If you wish to schedule an appointment, please call (218-262-7292) or stop by Student Services in the “M” building.