Check out the HCC Counseling Services Facebook page for Resources and Videos!
We care about you and understand that all of the changes happening around us can be stressful. To help you navigate these challenges, we have added a Facebook page for you to gather information and resources. We will be updating this page several times a week, so make sure that you check back. Along with resources, videos and other information, we will be offering a weekly Cardinal Connection Challenge where you can win HCC swag. Check it out!
Due to the restrictions placed by COVID-19 effective March 16, the counseling staff will be moving to an 8 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. weekday schedule until further notice. Additionally, for the safety of our students, staff and faculty, we will be eliminating face-to-face contact until further notice. Instead, please call us at 218-262-7292.
If you need counseling services during this time away from campus, please contact Donna Groettum at 218-262-6786 or email@example.com; or Lisa Bestul at 218-262-6752 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We can help you find a provider in the area you live in. We will also work on setting up tele-mental health resources to continue providing services with students who need our support.
As always, in the event of a psychiatric emergency, we encourage you to call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, or text 741741, or go to your nearest emergency room.
This can be a very stressful time for students and community. Fear and anxiety about COVID-19 can be overwhelming and cause strong emotions in adults and children. We encourage you to visit our HCC Counseling Services webpage frequently as we will be providing tips and resources for coping with this stressful time.
The counselors at Hibbing Community College are dedicated to seeing you succeed in all aspects of your life. We know you lead busy, often stressful lives, and we are here to help! Our counselors offer a confidential, yet welcoming, environment for all students to discuss both academic and personal concerns. The only exception to our confidentiality policy is situations involving danger or serious harm to you or others. We also offer the following services to our students:
- Academic Planning: Assistance with adds, drops, withdrawals, registration, schedule changes, and transcripts.
- Career Planning: Career assessments (such as the Campbell Interest and Skill Survey), career tools (such as Career One Stop and GPS LifePlan), and help with prospective college research.
- Conflict Resolution and Mediation: Conducted with classmates, instructors, roommates, and/or teammates.
- Counseling Resources: A wide array of diagrams, handouts, pamphlets, and up-to-date information on a variety of topics.
- Crisis Assistance: Basic needs assistance (such as clothing, food, housing, and medical) and the option to complete a crisis fund application.
- Food Closet: Available to all students when necessary!
- Personal Counseling: Brief, crisis counseling and support often followed by a therapy referral in the community.
- Referrals: Addiction, clothing, food, housing, medical, therapy, etc. to agencies within our community and beyond.
Please call or email us at any point in time. If you wish to schedule an appointment, please call (218-262-7292) or stop by Student Services in the “M” building.