Post-Secondary Enrollment Options (PSEO)
Students can get a jump start on earning college credits by taking college courses while they are in still in high school through Minnesota’s PSEO program. This program allows students to take college courses tuition free, saving both time and money on completing a college degree. PSEO courses may also fulfill high school course requirements and count toward a high school diploma.
The PSEO program allows high school students to take college courses on a college or university campus or online taught by college or university faculty members. High School juniors or seniors are eligible for PSEO. Many high schools offer PSEO courses through concurrent enrollment, allowing students to take college courses taught by highly qualified high school teachers without having to leave the high school. Under certain circumstances, students in 9th or 10th grade may also be allowed to take concurrent enrollment courses.
The college or university will make the final determination on a student's readiness based on college placement tests (or nationally-standardized test scores). Students must place at college-level to register for classes.
If you are interested in PSEO, talk to your high school guidance counselor and college/ university admissions staff or go to Minnesota State Post-Secondary Enrollment Options. For more information on Hibbing Community College's PSEO program, please see below.
How to Apply to the PSEO Program
Complete the PSEO/CITS Application Packet. This packet includes the following forms:
- PSEO/CITS Application (There is no application fee for PSEO/CITS students)
- PSEO/CITS Authorization for Release of Information (this allows HCC staff to discuss your courses with parents and your high school)
- PSEO Notice of Student Registration form (required by the MN Depart of Education. Must be signed by student, parent and high school)
- Include an official copy of your high school transcript.
- If you have previously attended another college or university you will be required to submit official transcripts from that institution.
Submit all required documents to the HCC Student Services Information Desk (PSEO/CITS Admissions) or mail all documents to:
Hibbing Community College
Attn: PSEO/CITS Admissions
1515 East 25th Street
Hibbing, MN 55746
What are the Important Deadlines?
The application deadline for fall semester is May 30th. The application deadline for spring semester is December 1st.
Requirements for Returning PSEO Students
PSEO students must complete a Notice of Student Registration form for each semester they attend HCC as a PSEO student. This form must be signed by student, parent, and the high school counselor and returned to HCC before the student can register for the next term.
- Charlene Norlander, PSEO Advisor
- (218) 262-6775