PSEO- (Post-Secondary Enrollment Options) Description
Students can get a jump start on earning college credits by taking college courses while they are in still in high school through Minnesota’s PSEO program. This program allows students to take college courses tuition free, saving both time and money on completing a college degree. PSEO courses may also fulfill high school course requirements and count toward a high school diploma.
The PSEO program allows high school students to take college courses on a college or university campus or online taught by college or university faculty members. High School juniors or seniors are eligible for PSEO. Many high schools offer PSEO courses through concurrent enrollment, allowing students to take college courses taught by highly qualified high school teachers without having to leave the high school. Under certain circumstances, students in 9th or 10th grade may also be allowed to take concurrent enrollment courses.
The college or university will make the final determination on a student's readiness based on college placement tests (or nationally-standardized test scores). Students must place at college-level to register for classes.
If you are interested in PSEO, talk to your high school guidance counselor and college/ university admissions staff or go to Minnesota State Post-Secondary Enrollment Options. For more information on Hibbing Community College's PSEO program, please see below.
What PSEO Forms Must I Complete?
- PSEO/CITS Application Form (You do NOT need to pay the Application Fee)
- PSEO/CITS Application Instructions
- PSEO/CITS Frequently Asked Questions
- PSEO/CITS Authorization for Release of Information
- Department of Education Notice of Student Registration (this form must be completed each semester)
- Include an official copy of your high school transcript.
- If you have previously attended another college or university you will be required to submit official transcripts from that institution.
- Submit all of these required documents to an HCC counselor.
What are the Important Deadlines?
The recommended application deadline for fall semester is May 30th. The recommended application deadline for spring semester is December 1st.