Schedule a Test Appointment with the Hibbing Community College Test Proctor.
Once your Instructor announces a test and the dates it is available, schedule an appointment with the HCC Proctor following the procedures outlined below:
- You must send an e-mail at least 3 business days in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting an appointment. This time frame allows for possible 2-way communication if needed. If a student cannot make it to a scheduled appointment, they may contact the test proctor to re-schedule if the test is still open. If the test opportunity is closed, contact your instructor.
- Only one appointment request per e-mail. No phone calls or walk-ins allowed.
- In the e-mail request, you must include 6 things:
In the SUBJECT line of your e-mail request, include:
1) Your Name
2) Course Number and/or Course Name
3) Test ID
(ex: Student Name...SOC 1200 Social Problems...Test 4)
In the MESSAGE area of your e-mail request, include your desired test:
6) Time (appointments start on the hour)
(ex: Monday, May 10 @ 10:00)
You will receive a CONFIRMATION appointment or DENIAL e-mail notice regarding your request. DO NOT assume the appointment request was received and honored.
Summer 2019 Lab Testing Hours are:
Test proctoring during posted computer lab hours may not always be available. Monday, June 3rd through Thursday, July 25th (closed July 4th). Please plan ahead.
Monday - 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Tuesday - 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Wednesday - 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Thursday - 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Friday - Lab closed
Tests must be scheduled so they can be completed within the testing hours. It is the student's responsibility to know the test time frame.
To Take a Scheduled Test at Hibbing Community College.
For the Summer, proctored testing will be administered in the Academic Center Lab located in Building D, Room D-132. The easiest way to find it is to park in the 1st parking lot on the 23rd Street entrance. Enter Building D, Door #56 (to the right of the main entrance doors). Come in and turn left, go down the hall. D-132 will be on you left.
- Present your Student ID or Driver's License to the Test Proctor.
- The Proctor will direct you to a computer. Once logged into the computer and your online course exam the Proctor will type in the test password for you.
- You will read, and then sign, a form that explains our testing rules. The Proctor will fill out the bottom portion of the form that verifies who you are and that you followed all the rules. If you wish to preview the form ahead of your test appointment to be aware of what is expected of you, click on the Student Rules & Proctor Verification Form link.
- After completion of your test, log out of the computer & give the signed rules form back to the Proctor.