Requesting Material Through the Catalog
- Using the HCC library catalog, select “All MnPALS Libraries” in the “Select a Location” box. Locate the item you would like to request.
- Click on the “Request Item” link.
- Log in using your 14 digit barcode number from the back of your HCC Student ID as your username and your last name as your password.
- Click on “Place an ILL Request” link
- Click “Submit Request” button
Items requested through the catalog usually arrive within a week.
When a book arrives, you will be notified by email. Items are kept at the Circulation Desk in the Library.
Using the Blank Request Form
- Click here to request physical items via a blank request form.
To complete the form:
- Type User ID/Barcode; your 14 digit library barcode.
- Type Password; up to 8 letters of your last name.
- Type all available information about your requested item.
- Near the end of the form, at:
- Pickup/Delivery Location, select HCC Library
- Not Needed After, click the small calendar and select a date
- If requesting a Book, select Printed (loan). Click Go. Your ILL is submitted. You will receive a HCC email when your item arrives at the HCC Library. Books take 7 or more days to arrive.