Requesting Articles Through the Databases
- Find the Article you would like to request using one of the online databases.
- Click on the “Interlibrary loan and/or Request” link.
- Log in using your 14 digit barcode number from the back of your HCC Student ID as your username and your last name as your password.
- Click the box near the bottom indicating that you have read the copyright statement.
- Click Go.
Articles: Most articles are available from the University of Minnesota and are sent electronically. These are generally available within 2-3 days. You will receive an email with a link to the article. Others (not owned by U of M) will take longer. If the article can not be sent electronically, a hard copy will be mailed to the library and you will be notified by email when it arrives. These will be kept at the Circulation Desk in the Library.
Using the Blank Request Form
- Click here to request journal or magazine articles via the blank request form.
To complete the form:
- Type User ID/Barcode; your 14 digit library barcode.
- Type Password; up to 8 letters of your last name.
- Type all available information about your requested item.
- Near the end of the form, at:
- Pickup/Delivery Location, select HCC Library
- Not Needed After, click the small calendar and select a date
- If requesting a Magazine, journal or newspaper article, read and click the Copyright Warning box. Click Go. All ILL articles are sent to HCC. Most articles take 2-3 days to arrive.