Hibbing Community College offers a variety of classes and programs online through e-learning software. Online classes are designed to help you fit your schedule and your needs. For more information regarding our current online offerings, please search the course schedule.
To succeed in an online course it is important that you ask for help. Waiting can cause you to fall behind in your course. Call and let us help you with your questions! Our technical support staff is available to assist you from 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Or you can e-mail anytime.
Phone: 218-263-2970 or toll free: 1-800-224-4422 press 8 for the directory, press 767
Some online classes have tests that need to be administered by a proctor. Be sure to check the syllabus when starting your class. If you are close by HCC, you can have your test proctored here on-campus. If you can not make the drive, you will need to secure an off-campus proctor.
How to Login into D2L Brightspace (https://hcc.ims.mnscu.edu/)
Hibbing Community College is now using StarID to logon to D2L Brightspace. StarID website: https://starid.mnscu.edu/
How do I get my StarID?
Go to https://starid.mnscu.edu/ and use any one of the following:
- Tech ID/Student ID: (8-digit number; if you don't know this number, you can get from college staff with identification (driver's license or college ID card); you'll also need the last four digits of your social security number)
- Personal Email: (email address you used when you applied to college; a verification code will be sent to that address)
- Verification Code: a temporary code sent to you via your personal email
What are the Password Rules?
To protect your private information, you need to choose a complex password and change it every 180 days. That means:
- Between 8 and 128 characters long
- Includes at least three of the following types of characters: uppercase letter, lowercase letter, number, special character
- May not have been used before
Tips for creating great passwords can be found here: https://starid.mnscu.edu/help/#passwords
HCC staff technical support can show you what to do or direct you to someone who can help.